Weed Cookie Recipe
As far back as many can remember, cookies are usually always associated with nostalgic memories of happiness and comfort, especially during the holiday season. For others, consuming marijuana, opposed to smoking it, is a great solution for people who are looking for a different kind of high.
When it comes to baking with cannabis, you can choose to make a cannabutter or canna oil to use in your recipe or you can choose to just straight up add ground dried flower into the mix. The downside to using a cannabutter or oil is that you have to make that first before making the cookies, and the downside to using ground dried flower in your recipe is there will definitely be a noticeable texture of the bud in your final product. But those decisions will depend upon your preference in the end.
When cooking with cannabutter or oil, you can essentially switch out the measurement of fat with any recipe to instantly make it a cannabis-infused food product, it’s really that easy. If you’re looking for a lower dose, switch out just half of the standard butter measurement for the cannabutter or do a full swap if you’re feeling confident about it. The key is to go slow and do a few test batches in order to find out what your ideal measurement is.
For our recipe, we’re going tried and true with a simple sugar cookie recipe that uses cannabutter and will leave you with approximately 24 cookies.
- 2 cups flour plus more for rolling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cannabutter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- A pinch of two of salt
- Optional: Powdered sugar and milk, for frosting
- Add cannabutter, sugar, eggs and vanilla into a large bowl and beat together on medium speed until thoroughly combined
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together
- Add dry ingredients to cannabutter mixture a little bit at a time, stirring until all the ingredients are incorporated
- Cover dough and refrigerate for minimum one hour, maximum overnight
- Remove dough from refrigerator and preheat oven to 375°F
- Roll the dough out onto a generously floured surface to approximately one-third of an inch thick
- Cut cookies and transfer to ungreased baking sheets
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden in color
- Remove from oven, transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely before frosting
- To make the frosting, slowly stir in a little bit of milk with the powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. Feel free to add food coloring and a teaspoon or two of cannabutter to thicken the frosting and add an extra kick of potency if you like.